European Metal Recycling Limited is committed to setting industry leading environmental standards, and is committed to the protection of the environment and the prevention of pollution.
Our primary business of metal recycling benefits the environment by supplying recycled metal to steelworks and foundries, directly reducing the large scale harm to the environment otherwise caused by extraction of metal ores and associated energy inputs. We consider our responsibility towards the environment to be a priority.
- We are committed to providing training and support and maintaining dialogue with our staff on how to reduce the environmental impacts of our activities, products, services, where achievable and economically viable.
- We will implement environmental management systems at operational sites, providing a framework which leads to continual improvement in environmental performance through setting and reviewing objectives and monitoring achievement against targets.
- Strategic planning will minimise the environmental effects of new developments and existing facilities through close assessment of potential environmental impacts.
- Attention will be paid to the quality of the metal bought, processed and sold to reduce where possible the environmental impacts of storage, treatment and transportation.
- We are committed to meeting and where practical, exceeding relevant regulatory requirements of applicable environmental legislation and other standards to which EMR subscribe.
- This policy will be displayed in every depot, communicated to everyone working for or on behalf of EMR, displayed on our websites and made freely available to the public.
- Requirements will be placed on contractors we employ to abide by EMR's environmental procedures.
The EMR senior management team is fully committed to ensuring that the policy is delivered and that the protection of the environment is promoted across the Group.
- +39 335 6192563